RC-3F remote

Popman1

Gear owned
DP-32 Portastudio
The plug for my RC-3F remote got damaged. I purchased a replacement 2.5 mm trs plug. Anyone know the correct wiring for soldering? Red, white & copper braid is what is there. Thanks

Did you ever figure out the correct wiring for your foot switch? Mine was two weeks old and my wife comes in while I'm recording and says hurry we have a problem in the laundry room. I got up with the cord wrapped around my foot, yanked the plug and ruined it. I purchased a plug from an online retailer but the plug is molded plastic so I would have to slit it with a utility knife to see if I can figure out which posts each wire is connected to. Very disappointed with Tascam, messaged their customer service asking about it and explained I bought the DP-24SD and foot switch two weeks earlier. Spent $550 on their gear and they won't even answer a simple question. Hoping that you're still a member and see this as I notice your post was made a year and a half ago.

Clarification, purchased a metal plug and the cover screws off exposing the three connections. The original plug is molded plastic. The laundry room emergency was due to the cats jumping on a plastic container, knocking it into laundry tub faucet and turning on the water and at same time plug fell in and landed perfectly centered in drain. We were doing laundry when that all happened so ended up flooding the laundry room and basement entry. The perfect storm to ruin a perfectly good foot switch.

Stan, can't you cut back or split the plastic on the original plug and open your RC-3F to determine the correct wiring (visually or with a DMM)? If your plug is destroyed past the point of determining what goes to what, I will open mine up and determine the correct wiring sequence for you.

Steven L. I opened the footswitch up and saw where they solder on but that doesn't tell me which posts the various colored wires should be soldered to in the new plug. It looks like nobody knows for sure so I'll have to slit the plastic and see what it looks like inside the original plug. Not a big deal as I'm sure I can figure it out. Probably the worst thing that crossing the wires would do is change the three footswitch assignments but that could be compensated for by reprogramming them.

If you are unable to clearly identify the leads once you open up the original plug, let me know.

Thanks. I should be able to figure it out. I have been tinkering around with electronics since I picked up the guitar in 1966. This one is smaller than what I'm used to working with but I bought two just in case. Worst case scenario is that I'll have to buy another pedal but in my case I'll never need the long cord so I'd like to get this one to work and cut it down to about 6'.

WHITE TO TIP
RED TO RING
BARE WIRE TO SLEEVE
It happened to me. This wiring fixed it.

I concur GRYNAN, thanks! I tried to upload a photo of the sliced-up moulded jack exposing the white, red and bare wires but couldn't. Am yet to solder the new metal 2.5mm trs replacement jack but I'm 100% confident this wiring is correct.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.