"No Cable" error message

DORC

Gear owned
tascam DM4800
TASCAM DM4800/IF-FW/DMMKII sound card

PLS i am presently getting a NO CABLE error message on my DM4800 Mixing board. i have been using it perfectly well until now with window xp and apple mac.

We're going to need some more info, I think... But in the meantime, did you check the cable?

Thanks for your reply. yes i checked the cable, i even went ahead buying a new cable but did not work still

PLS I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME HERE AS MY PRODUCTIONS IS ON HOLD NOW

No need to shout. I'll repeat Jim's answer from almost 9 months ago: We're going to need some more info.

It's a Tascam DM4800. The sound card am using is fw/ mk11. It shows ok on the board but there is a error message showing No Cable. I bought a new cable. I still shows same error message

• Did it stop working on both the Windows and Mac platforms simultaneously?
  • Did you make ANY changes at the time of failure to either computers or the DM4800?
  • Did you perform a DM4800 or IF/FW firmware update or any driver updates at that time and then it stopped working?
  • Have you tried on other computers since?
If you changed nothing and you just woke up one day and it stopped working on both your PC and Mac machines then it sounds like the chipeset on the IF/FW card got fried somehow. Like everyone said, too little information. Personally, in the last 9 months I would have sent Tascam my IF/FW card to see if it was damaged or not.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.