Reason 12

Jerome Williams

Veteran
Gear owned
DM3200
Hello,
Is there anyone using Reasons and controlling it with the Tascam.
Could you give a little insight please. Thank you

Hi Jerome - I haven’t used reason w the DM, I hope you make some progress and let us know if u do, sorry!

anyone at all?
Hello Jerome, I understand the frustration, but try adding more details of your setup/problem(s). There are a lot of similarities with different DAWs and different machines, so someone may be able to help even if they don't have your exact setup... and you never know, even the act of explaining/describing a problem can trigger solutions in your own head - those little 'doh' moments :)

I have made a little headway. I’m using Mac High Sierra with the set up parameters for Studio One. If I record one track, I can control the volume, start and stop with the DM. But channels 1 and 9 moves together. If I record a second track, channel one now controls track 2 with no control for track one. I’m a bit dumb founded

What DM REMOTE: Machine Control / External Control settings and Reason Remote settings are u using? I know the Mackie HUI protocol works well for many DAWs, including Logic Pro which I use.

Reactions: Jerome Williams
It will work for Logic and Studio One.
It’s loading effect and eq parameters when using the faders but not volume or pan as it should. What’s the setting you’re using inside Reasons. ProTools, Logic and Studio One is set up differently on DM3200

Last edited:
I don’t use Reason, but it works in Logic Pro by defining each bank of 8 faders as a Mackie unit - 1 main unit and then 1 extender for each additional bank of 8 channels, communicating over USB on DM port 5,6 and 7 (for the Dm-4800) if I recall correctly

Last edited:
I set it up that way but it’s corresponding to 1-9,2-10.
In other words, if you move fader1,9 moves also. Plus, when you record one track, fader one and nine moves track one fader. When you record any other track, fader one controls the newest track only. No other fader does anything

Feels like u may have too much going on at once (is it possible that reason is getting the defined surface controller Mackie info, and standard midi control change data at the same time, causing the doubling up?) . Can u make sure the board isn’t sending any midi other than the Mackie/HUI info? If that isn’t the issue and don’t see similar troubleshooting posts on other Reason forums, you may wanna post screenshots of the DM screens in the REMOTE and MIDI pages here for folks to give input on. You are getting there!

Last edited:
I appreciate your input. Could you explain how to post pictures here please? Thank you

I’ve never posted them here, I think you just need a URL for the image somewhere on the Web, but I’m not certain. If you have a place you can post images on the web, and put the URLs here in your posts, I think that’s what most folks do.

Last edited:
Also, I think some DAWs use the DM-4800 as a Mackie HUI device, and others use Mackie Control Pro - good luck and keep at it!

Jerome:
I use reason 11. This is how I have it set-up to work.
1. go into reason preferences > control surface and add mackie control with extender on right.
2.assign Tascam channels 5 & 6 to the controller,you can move fader or pan knob on the DM and reason will see it, press enter.
3. right click reason mixer and assign mackie to control it; or you can control various instruments or FX.
When I get the chance I will post screen shots.

LnhvG9z.png

zGHw1ti.jpg

On the DM use Steinberg preset.

Reactions: mixerizer
I appreciate your input. Could you explain how to post pictures here please? Thank you
  • upload your image to, https://imgur.com/ ,
  • hover over the uploaded image until you see the URL, a [Copy] button and a drop-down arrow,
  • click on the arrow and select "Get share links"
  • click [Copy] for the "BBCode (Forums)" link for the uploaded image.
  • post link here.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.