Recording a song from macbook pro sounds 'odd'

Geezer15

Gear owned
DP 32-SD
Hi, I have used the DP 32 SD a few times to record guitar and bass a few times using DI and a mic without any problems.
Today, however, I tried to record a song, from youtube, to play along with. The song plays fine on my macbook speaker and through the headphone socket but not once recorded on the DP-32.
I put a mini jack lead from the headphone socket of the macbook pro and the other end into a mini to large jack adaptor and into the DP 32. I then recorded the song onto a stereo track.
The result is odd- on one track the vocal is very subdued and echo's, and on another track the vocal is fine but the guitar is very faint. Another song just sounds like strange noises and nothing like a song at all.
Both left and right channels are OK so its not the lead or adapter only sending one channel through. Could it be a frequency range not getting through?. All effects and equalisation are off so I don't see how.
Has anyone had a similar problem or got any ideas?

The headphone output of your MacBook pro is stereo. If you plugging into the DP32 with just one cord that could be your problem. I think you need a y-cord - one end would be a stereo jack coming from the computer, and the additional two mono plugs (guitar cords) would need to be plugged into two inputs on the DP32.

Aah ok, thank you. I was using a stereo cable and stereo jack onto a stereo channel but only using one input of the DP 32. It makes sense that i probably need two inputs. (I assigned HH to 31/32) I'll give that a try.

New threads

Members online