Recording electric guitar

MRE78

Gear owned
Tascam do-006
I have a Tascam dp-006. I’ve been recording with the internal mics, but would like to go electric. Would anyone familiar with this device list the step by step process? I would really appreciate the help!
I feel like I may be missing some crucial step or perhaps lacking a piece of needed equipment. Thanks in advance!

Do you want to mic up an amp, or go direct from an effects box? I have a Zoom G5n multi-effect, and I plug the output straight into my DP24SD.

Reactions: MRE78
As said above depends on how you want to do it. I have not used an amp in years when recording. You can go direct into the DP -06 or run through any type of effects box and then into the DP.

Thanks guys. I’d like to record using a direct line. If I plug my guitar into input A, shouldn’t I then be able to run another line from input B to my guitar amp? But that doesn’t seem to work...

My recording settings are set to “guitar/line” and the button on the left side is set to “guitar”.

If I understand you correctly and you are using an amp you have to use a mic. The mic would go into the DP input. Unless your amp has an output for a second cabinet hook up. Then from that go into the DP. Not sure if that would work but in theory it should.

Thanks for your help, guys. That helped clarify things.

Unless your amp has an output for a second cabinet hook up. Then from that go into the DP. Not sure if that would work but in theory it should.
Be careful before you do this! If the output is for a second cabinet it could be an amplified output in which case it can blow your DP input. Read up on your amp's specs.

Good catch Arjan. I should have specified if the second output was only as a slave and not amplified.

Reactions: Arjan P

New threads

Members online

No members online now.