Recording from XLR in

rdmsys

Gear owned
dp008ex
Hello. I'm sure this is an easily answered question. I'm not a dope but can't seem to understand what I'm doing wrong with the DP008. I am just trying to get a handle on it. I wanted to record a backing track and then record my guitar over top of it. Simple.

I was able to record the stereo track from my laptop. Very simple. I used line in A and B which I panned left and right. Beautiful.

The hard part came when I tried to record my guitar. I've been down there for hours. I ran my mic cable from my cabinet to the XLR A input. I want to use track 3 since 1 and 2 are the stereo backing tracks. Track 3 is assigned to channel A. I hit 3 to arm to record. No levels. I do get a hum though. I've been dicking around for 2 days with this.

I think it may be because you can only record on tracks 1 and 2? If that's the case how can I move the other tracks to another channel?

Thanks again for any help!

I don't have a dp008 but I think the TS jacks override the XLR sockets so check you've not left them plugged in (page 27 in dp008ex manual). I don't think there's any restriction on which tracks you record on, so your assign setting for track 3 should work. You have to select the correct source as well as assign the source to the track (pages 42 & 44). If you do want to move tracks, see if there's a Move/Paste or Clone Track function in Track Edit (page 56).
Finally, are you sure the XLR connection is correct at the cabinet end? You say you're using a mic cable so presume this is XLR-XLR... so are you using a mic near the cabinet or does the cabinet have an XLR line output, in which case is it definitely working?

Last edited:
Hey Phil thanks for the reply. As a matter of fact that WAS the issue. While I was down there I noticed that I left the LINE1 and LINE2 plugs in. As soon as I took them out, I got a signal on track 3 so you are correct. It only took me 6 or 7 hours to figure it out lol.

Again thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

Reactions: Phil Tipping

New threads

Members online