Recording Guitar on DR-40

LiamD

Gear owned
Tascam Dr-40
Hi, new member with DR-40 here. I need some help with recording a guitar on a DR-40. I have had the device for a couple of weeks and have done some recording with the built in microphones, plus some overdubbing. I am very happy with the results, but want to overdub some additional guitar. As I am recording at home, with kids running round its not always studio quiet, so I need to record direct from the instrument or amp. I have plugged the guitar via a practice amp with a line out to the external mic but can't seem to record at a reasonable volume. Am I missing something.?Anyone with any experience of recording direct from guitar or amp out there? Cheers Liam

Reactions: -mjk-
Can you show me a pic of your guitar? and plz also tell me about this guitar, I heard about it a lot, and I saw a discount on it on Coupon codify, but before buying I wanna know about it.
How long you have been using it? Is it worth buying?
Sorry for too many questions..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
you might try a preamp pedal or an active DI. A passive DI might work as well, assuming you have a passive guitar.

As I am recording at home, with kids running round its not always studio quiet, so I need to record direct from the instrument or amp. I have plugged the guitar via a practice amp with a line out to the external mic but can't seem to record at a reasonable volume

Can you elaborate please? Are you saying that the line out on the amp is overloading the input to the recorder? Of course, the EXT IN slide switch on the side of the '40 must be set to LINE to match the line level input.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.