Recording only records left channel

JEREMYSTAGE

Gear owned
tascam us 2x2
dear fellow forumers could u please help me. i bought a tascam 2x2 recently and i plugin my mic into port one and recorded a small clip using audio recorder default in windows it only plays in left channel .

This is correct; your mic is mono and thus uses a single channel - Windows audio recorder is limited, so it standard records stereo which is two channels. I would suggest you install DAW software on your PC and record there. A good free alternative is Audacity - there you can define your inputs and record to a single mono channel. Ofcourse most big DAWs like Cubase have affordable starter options too - depends on what you want to do.

is there anyway i can make it to left and right channel as i talk on skype its all one channel which is very irritating

all my friends condenser mic dont have this problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Specific setting for MONO/STEREO use of your mic input choice would need to be made in Skype.

Sorry, I don't use Skype ...

Did you install the dedicated driver for the US-2x2? There should then be a Windows settings panel where you can select mono or stereo for the Tascam input.

If you select stereo and only provide a signal to a single channel, you will only hear one side.

is there any program that i could tweak from one input to two output ? my friends using other interface can do it

New threads

Members online