Remote control DM3200 with Cubase 9

Arnold Janssen

From
Holland
Gear owned
Tascam DM3200
Hello,

first of all, excuse for my english.
In Cubase 7 I can use the DM (in flip modus) to control everything. No problems at all in Cubase 7.
In Cubase 9 I can't control (in flip modus) the EQ and the send.
When I go back to Cubase 7 everything is normal.
So I think all the settings in my DM3200 are oke and I have to search in Cubase 9 for the solution.
Yesterday there was an update (Cubase 9.0.20).
I've installed it and thought maybey the problem is fixed, but sadly NO.
Anyone who have the same problem or maybe an solution for this?
Btw, I work in windows 7 64 bit and also Cubase 64 bit.
Thanks for reading and ciao from Holland!!!

If I understand what you're trying to do then there's nothing broken. Make sure all the Mackie Devices are set to Compatibility Mode in Cubase. When you upgrade Cubase this is NOT the default setting. We've had to make this change since Cubase 7.5 to get the DM to control Cubase's EQ/Sends & Pan properly.

http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dm3200-with-cubase-8-remote-device-setup.3051/

Need to change MACKIE AND MACKIE 2 DEVICES from CUBASE to COMPATIBILITY mode.

These are 7.5 instructions (same for 8.0 & 9.0):

Steinberg have changed parts of their Mackie control implementation in Cubase 7.5 without updating the documentation (in fact without documenting or mentioning it anywhere at all). You can find a user-compiled list of changes on the Cubase Forum. TouchDAW 1.5.1 now includes an extra preset for Cubase 7.5. If you rather want to continue working with the old implementation, leave TouchDAW at the Cubase / Nuendo preset, select "Mackie Control" from Cubase 7.5's "Devices" menu and set the popup in the little window that will come up to "Compatibility":

download-jpg.879

CMAFFIA.....I've been searching a long time to solve this and the answer was so easy.
All is working great now.
Thank you very much!!!!!!!
Kind regards from Holland!!

You're welcome. Just call me Charlie :)

Reactions: Headroom
Charlie.
The answer from far, the solution so near.
Thanks again!!!
Best regards.

New threads

Members online