Replaced my DM4800 LCD

Gear owned
DM-4800
Replaced successfully in new White on black representation. Thought you all may be interested. Results are very good. This is the guy I went through to replace the screen...

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Tascam-DM-48...439175?hash=item239f2de007:g:jN4AAOSwImRYR61J

Had to order from out the country but it was easy to install, everything works and looks good. Only quirk I’ve noticed is that the screen is sensitive to hand proximity? So maybe static? Doesn’t matter though, very rarely go anywhere near that close to the screen so, no bother to me...

Reactions: Peter Batah
Grounding issue?

Not entirely sure... Power has -/+ but no earth wire however, the original screen was wired up much the same so I’m not so sure. I will say, this screen bypasses the power pcb that the original screen uses and instead receives power directly from the board so maybe there is some grounding circuitry on that board...

How would you rate the quality of the screen, is better than the original? I mean clearer picture, better wieving angles and so?

Would you happen to have install directions from the seller? I purchased the same screen on Reverb and the seller is a real A-hole and is refusing to provide install instructions. I think I have it figured out. Just want to be sure before I fry something.

I would say that the viewing angle is an improvement. The LCD type is now that of the current LCD non-LED tech. Contrast could be better but I believe that’s just a short coming of replacing the screen with a re-programmed screen that wasn’t actually meant directly as a DM4800 screen replacement.

Part of the contrast issue is that the contrast knob on the Tascam has its own language so to speak. The new screen doesn’t speak that language right away? So you have to adjust the screens brightness and contrast manually with supplied hardware adjustments to meet the contrast of the board. Then you can fine tune the contrast from the board. There’s a little back n forth but once I got it tuned, no issues...

Also, my screen isn’t the blue on white standard, it’s been re-programmed to be white on black...

@ThaSurgeonGeneral I was curious as to why you chose not to go with a 2Seemy replacement instead. Just curious. Glad that everything worked out for you. Thanks for sharing your experience. Peter

@Peter Batah My reasoning is simple

1: I have a 43” 4K screen and a 27” 1440 screen, 2 sets of monitors (one set sitting on their side at the top of the desk). I simply don’t have the room.

2: If I venture away from the DM4800, the screen will have been upgraded and resale value doing well.

3: The knobs line up with certain menu’s on the screen, I have a feeling that disconnect to a larger screen would likely just mean grabbing the wrong knob to adjust the DM4800’s menu items.

4: I have presets on board my CF Card so most of what I need has been pre-programmed so my use of the screen is fairly minimal.

5: I’m thinking I may install this at a live sound location eventually, easier to just have a long lasting (we’ll see how it goes) solution.

PS, I’ve asked this before but, what is the best way to get direct outs on every input on this board, I’ve heard about flipping inputs but I’m unsure as to how to go about this? Any help??

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Batah
I have a display damage, I want to use an external vga screen. Jus I have to plug my LCD vga screen? I need to do some arrange inside my tascam device. Is a dm 3200

New threads

Members online