Replacement Display DM series .... LCD display DM vs 2Seemy

juanjitosound

From
Bolivia
Gear owned
DM 4800
It is a weakness of the DM series , now I have problems.
but " not which to decide "
I need your support
and tips

If I had a 4800 I would have a 2see in a hearbeat, even with my functioning display but alas, I have a 3200 and no available slot.

I think it comes down to that, if you have a slot use it and if not, you gotta replace the display.

Best,

I'm pretty sure you can use a 2SeeMy with a 3200... they have installation instructions for that board on their website. But I don't use one, and have replaced my LCD, for two reasons:

1. No room for more displays... And if I did re-work my space for a third display, I'd use it for more DAW real estate.

2. Just don't find the LCD difficult to read it use, and certainly don't need the information it displays up on a big display.

But if you like it, go crazy!

op specified a DM, but 24 32 48?
Of course 2see works on a 3200 but not if your 2 slots are taken. With a 4800 id have the free slot, but I like my 3200 as is.

A good scaler / switcher makes any image from any video source display anywhere among existing monitors.

It's just not worth the trouble, IMO. The built in screen works fine until it doesn't, and then it takes 200 bucks and 20 minutes to swap in a new one.

I use my 2Seeme with my DM3200 and love it even though my LCD is functioning. There are 2 versions of the 2SeeMy (1 for each DM model). Both versions can be either mounted using an empty expansion slot or not. My DM3200 has both expansion slots filled (FW and Analog Card) and I have the 2SeeMe card mounted on the center top on the back of the unit as instructed.

DM3200_Install_24.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Peter Batah
Thanks, Charlie. I knew you could install the 2SeeMy with all slots filled, but since I don't have one I couldn't describe how.

If you do want to replace the LCD, there's no good alternative to buying one from Tascam. It's a stock screen, but the Tascam pin-out is proprietary, so getting a generic unit to work is very difficult (or so I have read on theWebz... I haven't tried it).

I also have replaced the LCD (original Tascam) and at the same time installed the 2seemy. Even though my LCD is fine now, there is more functionality with the 2seemy expansion:
- I use the 2seemy USB functionality to get the DM screen in a window on the PC.
- And with a long VGA cable and a small 7" screen I can now monitor my DM screen while recording in the live room or vocal booth.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.