Reseated cards, now I have no VGA

Marcus Schulte

Gear owned
SX-1 le
Hey guys I'm new here, just picked up a SX-1 LE earlier today, the guy who gave it to me told me the hard drive was bad but otherwise fine, which is fine with me. Well after going through things a reading a bunch of posts, although never finding the service manual, and trying a different hard drive I had lying around with the OS disk the guy had sent me off with I ended up only getting to the second boot screen to where it says "loading from CD-ROM" where the CD drive would be active for about 10-15 seconds, maybe more, and then stop and continue to display the message indefinitely with absolutely no activity. I figured maybe the disc was burned improperly and it had a read error that was hidden behind the "booting from CD" display. Butt just to make sure I decided to go ahead and reseat the cards and memory as I had noticed it had helped others who had posted here when they were having errors. Well once I put the cards back in I booted it up again to give it a test and to my surprise I wasn't getting any VGA display to my monitor, I spent some time struggling trying to see if I had missed something but to no benefit. I was wondering if there is something I might be overlooking that you guys might now of or if I should be hunting down another AGP card. Or I don't even know, I'm light weight scared as I was very excited about this, but don't worry, this is not a critical device to me, just something I hope to get up and running and possibly use in my studio sometime in the future. Thanks in advance guys, and sorry for the long post and bad grammar!

Marcus,

You can download a .pdf version of the service manual for the SX-1 from the documentation section at the top of the SX-1 section of this forum.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.