SD card problems

TwanofAn

Gear owned
DP-32SD
Hey all! I recently got myself the DP-32SD and I'm loving it, but I'm having an issue with the SD card that came with it (a 4GB micro SD with the adapter). I use my 32SD to record acoustic drums for my band, and up until recently, I had no issues. I would record the tracks, mix and master, make sure it's saved, power down the DP, then put the SD card in my phone to copy the master track over and send out to my band. Problem is, now whenever I put the SD card in my phone, the master track I just finished isn't there. The individual drum tracks are there, but the master file is blank. Then, when I put the SD card back in the DP and boot it up, I get a "invalid system file" message, or something similar, and the DP won't even recognize any of the songs on the SD card. When I would try and load up a song, I get a "file error" message. At first I tried to re format the card, and do another recording, and everything is fine up until I take the SD card out and into my phone to copy the master file. I end up having the same issue. I don't have a computer, so the USB transfer isn't an option. I can only transfer via taking the SD card out. Is it just an issue of a bad SD card? Or (hopefully not) something worse? I'm only taking the SD card out maybe a couple of times a week, so I doubt I'm causing problems with the connector readers on the SD card, or on the Tascam itself. Any advice would be appreciated!

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I didn't realize that my firmware was not up to date. I was still running on 1.06, and I've since updated it to 1.08. I'll see later if I'm still having the same issue with the SD card.

@TwanofAn welcome to the Tascam Forums. Please search on SD card issues and familiarize yourself with these common, yet solvable issues. Add please continue to add your own experience to the forum.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.