Seeking DA-78 service

Garnok

Gear owned
Lots of Tascam stuff!
Hello,
First post here, long time Tascam and other studio equipment user.

I have an assortment of various Tascam DA-78, DA-38, etc., for which I am seeking service.

To that end, anyone here on the forum want to recommend a reliable DA-78 service tech? I'm talking about someone who has the jigs, test tapes, factory service manuals, access to replacement parts and the procedural experience to do routine DTR tape path work for the usual failure modes. I don't need a fumble-fixer or someone who is guessing or reading internet posts for solutions and squirting WD-40 around inside the unit.
I am a low drama customer who just needs a qualified tech who is reliable, reasonably accessible, and who can achieve results, (and who is also reasonably low drama with a high success rate on DA-78)

Thanks for any help or direction anyone can provide.

Garnok,
the reasonably humble one

Hi, and welcome! For your question, a lot depends on your location ofcourse.. I think forum user @SkywaveTDR should know some people in the US (or maybe can do it himself).

On that product you use the person with the most experience with them. In that case that would be Russ Bachmann at New Jersey Factory Service. He was service manager for that facility.
New Jersey Factory Service, Inc.
16 Chestnut Avenue Suite 103 B
Emerson,New Jersey 07630
201-967-0060
Mon- Wed 8-4 Thurs 8-2 Closed Fri Sat/Sun by appt.
www.njfactoryservice.com
Analog/Digital Audio Repair

Hello.I have been working on the DA series machines since they came out. 25+ years experience with them.I have all the test tapes,jigs,service docs. and have new parts to service them-including some that are unavailable from Tascam.I'm in the So Cal area.PM me

Hello,

I’ve read your post on DA78 repair. My problem is the tape not ejecting fully and being eaten. The local clock maker cleaned it and it was working fine for him. After getting it home it wouldn’t eject properly again. Can I ship to you for a proper repair/cleaning? Thank you
Greg
I live in Connecticut

New threads

Members online

No members online now.