Sendeffect - want to hear, but not record

Kai-vD

Gear owned
DP-24 SD
Hi,

I just purchased the DP-24 and already learned alot by watching some really good tutorial Videos - thank you Phil!

But I am still not shure how to use an internal sendeffect (reverb) on some tracks/inputs, so that I can hear the effected sound, when the track is armed and when it's recording - but I don't what that effect on my finally recorded track.

(The purpose is to have any kind of reverb for some "ambient atmo" during jamming/creating/recording. But I do the mixing and mastering in my PC, so I export the tracks with the dry signal into my DAW, where I choose someother really nice high qualitiy reverb I purchased a while ago (Arts Acoustic Reverb.)

Last edited:
I do this all the time. Really, if you're using a send effect, you don't need to do anything ... you'll hear it when recording, and on playback, but the return is routed to the stereo bus only. To test it, record with a send reverb, and then play back the track after you turn the send FX off for that track to hear it dry. When you EXPORT your tracks they will be dry. If you want to get that track WITH the FX you'd use the BOUNCE function and bounce the dry track to another empty track.

In short, any effect you apply BEFORE the input (as insert FX; external FX or the internal dynamic FX) will be recorded on the track, and FX applied as sends will be recorded dry.

Reactions: Kai-vD

New threads

Members online

No members online now.