Settings interchangeable between 3200 and 4800?

Marvel

Veteran
From
The Netherlands
Gear owned
Currently in between gear
Just a simple question. I am looking at selling my 4800 to someone who already owns a 3200. He is asking whether he can use the settings from the 3200 on the 4800.
My guess is that it should work for any setting that is on both models. The rest will then be empty/default. Am I correct?

Marcel

@Peter Batah: I KNOW you must be able to say something about this. :)

@Marvel I wish that I had an answer for you. All I can say is that I did own a 3200 and a 4800 in the same period but never used them at the same time. What I can tell you is that I did try loading a 4800 project onto the 3200 and that did not work well for me. Is that what your friend is trying to do?

Hi @Peter Batah, no the other way around. :)
He wants to reuse his old projects from the 3200 on the 4800 he is considering buying from me.

@Marvel. I did keep my old 3200 projects (although quite minimal in scope). If you would like I can try loading them onto my 4800 via TMC companion. As I said though, these were very small projects that I saved whilst I was teaching myself the ins and outs of the DM. Unless, you prefer sending me one of your friends projects.

@Peter Batah : would be cool if you could try that for me with one of your own. What he would like to know is: can I successfully load my projects in the 4800. Thnx!

@Marvel Alright then. Give me a little time while I setup. If he a more complex prject that he would like me to load, feel free to send it to me. As I said in my earlier post, my 3200 projects were quite simple in nature. Will get back to you shortly. Please standby! Peter

@Marvel Here is what I can report back so far. When selecting one of my 3200 projects in Companion and choose restore. Nothing appears in the 4800 project explorer window nor on the 4800 itself in Project manager.

alright @Peter Batah. He'll have to manually put the projects in the 4800 then.
Thank you so much. If I manage to sell the DM I am going to miss this wonderful forum!

Reactions: Peter Batah
@Marvel I hope that you had better luck than I did with the sale of my 3200. I actually lost $$$ in the sale. There is a gentleman who has been trying to sell his 4800 on Facebook marketplace for several months now. He keeps reducing the price every so often to no avail. My intention is not to discourage you. I am merely stating what I have experienced. Best of luck my friend! Peter

Yes, @Peter Batah. I know I am going to loose money on it. But I simply don't have enough space in my new home studio. :)

@Marvel I understand. This is a situation that I may be facing as well. I just do not know when. Best of luck to you dear friend.

Reactions: Marvel

New threads

Members online