Sierra

fclum

From
Bronxville, NY
Gear owned
DM-3200, IF-FWDM MKII
I'd be interested in hearing anyone's experiences with Mac OS Sierra and the DM3200/IF-FW/DM mk2.

Reactions: DannyMcO
For those interested, I was doing some testing work on updated UAD drivers for macOS 10.12.0 Sierra and decided to do some basic testing of my DM-4800 at the same time.

On one of my Mac test HD's with working IFFW-MKII on El Capitan 10.11.6, I updated to macOS 10.12.0 Sierra on MacPro Trash-can with TB-FW800 adapter and can report that both IFFW-MKII driver & TMC Companion working for iTunes playback and playback of previous Cubase 8.5 project.

Note that doing an OS Upgrade is not the same as doing a fresh virgin driver install so there could still be a driver signing problem attempting that.

I'm about to start to start testing macOS 10.12.1 Sierra Beta Seeds that are meant to support the new MacBook Pro due to be announced later this month and if I need to creates a new partition for that testing. I will attempt a virgin IFFW-MKII driver install.

Reactions: Jeff and cmaffia
Great info, thanks! Sounds like it works. A tile surprising for me considering all the problems there were with TMC and previous system upgrades. If you do a virgin install let us know what the results were!

Hey all. This is good news. Is there any more confirmed news re compatibility and sierra? Just check before we update the Mac Pro in the studio.

Be sweet if it does work!

Hey guys.

I managed to test the new Mac OS on my MacBook Pro and my Mac Pro and I can confirm that there are no issues with sierra. However I don't know about a fresh install but upgrading to sierra is no worries.

I have problem with tascam dm 3200 os Sierra didn't found my mixer with firmware
some one know how to connect ?

Hmm that is strange. Perhaps a driver signing issue? I assume you have the latest drivers, you can get them on the forum with the password etc. but I'd roll back to a previous operating system. I don't know how or why that wouldn't be working. Mine is sweet with sierra, but I did upgrade and it was not a new install.

hi, i have no signal passing by the" direct " from the dm 4800 to cubase 8.5.20.
i m using mac os sierra ,somebody can help me?
regards Mark

Roll the OS back. However you could try removing the drivers then reinstalling older ones, then newer on top? Get it off the forum. To be honest I know why it's not working but it's working for me on my two macs, but not sure why it's not working for some? If it's a driver signing issue I think you need to roll back to El Cap... if it was working before it's your best best. Until a new driver is tweaked by redbus, when and if he has the time.

I think it's a dying console. I'm concerned that soon I'll have to move on as I can't trust that it will work when I update computers etc. looking into UA and going exclusively in the box.... but need $$$$ lots of $$$$$

Reactions: VARANA
I usually run Logic and my DM4800 with FW card on Yosemite, but earlier this week I loaded Sierra on an external drive and just for the heck of it installed the current drivers from the Tascam.com site. I haven't given it a thorough testing yet, but all of the basic I/O between the DM and Logic seems to be working fine with Sierra, exactly the same as with Yosemite. I'll be recording 10 tracks of drums this weekend. I guess we'll see then if it's working okay. I did get a disc too slow message once with just one track playing in logic, but the audio was running off of a Glyph drive(same drive as the Sierra OS). Despite being marketed as THE drive for recording audio, my 1TB Glyph is slower than any of my 4 internal drives and normally I do not use it for audio anymore. If I see anything odd, I'll post it.

Reactions: Jeff and VARANA
Any further word on Logic and the DM4800 working properly under Sierra? I just updated to El Capitan on my studio computer and all seems well. So, Is anyone brave enough to give Sierra a try and report back to us?

Last weekend I recorded 9 tracks of drums using Logic X on Sierra. No problems in the recording, the DM 4800 worked just fine. I've been processing the tracks in my usual way and have only encountered one problem. A plugin from Slate called Trigger that does drum replacement will generate digital noise on some of the mono outputs. No problems when assigned to the stereo buss, but some mono outs, 22 and 14 in particular, have digital artifacts that make them unusable with Trigger. No other plugins I've used seem to have any problem when assigned to a mono out and it all works fine on Yosemite. Right now, I suspect it's a Trigger issue and I'm waiting on a response from their support team. On a different subject, I just installed an SSD drive on a PCIe card on my old Mac Pro and that's what is running Sierra. The speed boost is very impressive and well worth the cost of the upgrade.

Reactions: Tachoir
That is great to hear. Thanks for getting back with me. I hope to hear from others as well. This is good news. Again, thanks,

i managed to get my hands on the 24 channel IF-FW/DM card. does anyone know if it's compatible with sierra?

do you have the FW/DM 24 channel card or the FW/DMMKII 32 channel card?

i managed to get my hands on the 24 channel IF-FW/DM card. does anyone know if it's compatible with sierra?
It's not supported and does not work in either the later and currrent Windows or Mac OS's

Reactions: Selwyn Arnold
Right, missed that one. I'm using the 32 channel FW card.

New threads

Members online