[SOLVED] SD-card capacity not recognized correctly (Model 12)

pstralen

Gear owned
Model 12
Hi there! After carefully looking through the supported SD-cards I've slotted a 128GB SanDisk ExtremePro SDXC into my Model 12, but for some reason it tells me the capacity of my card is 32GB. I've consulted the manual and these forums but I haven't found a reference to this issue. This is said card: https://www.dataio.nl/sandisk-128gb-sd-kaart-extreme-pro/

Does anyone have a clue what's wrong? Thanks a lot!

EDIT:

Solved it guys. Used STORAGE mode to format the SD card using my computer, and unticked 'Quick format' just to be sure. This fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Did you format the card in the M12?

I can verify that a SanDisk Extreme (not Pro) 512GB card is working in my M12 and showing up as 476GB of storage in Windows in Storage mode. The M12 shows about 24 Hours of record time remaining with a couple of 48/24 sessions on it so far. First thing I did was to have the M12 format the SD card as per the manual.

Apparently the type of card dictates what capacity it can have in the Model12.
Here's from the spec's on Tascam's international webpage:

SD (512MB to 2GB), SDHC (4GB to 32GB), SDXC (64GB to 512GB)
Class 10 or higher required.

So, perhaps the card you've used is in fact not an SDXC card. Counterfeits when it comes to memory cards are pretty common.
Just a guess ...

Last edited:
Did you format the card in the M12?

Yeah I did. I just tried doing it again but now but after finishing it said "Invalid card". Won't accept it anymore and I don't have another cardreader unfortunately..

I can verify that a SanDisk Extreme (not Pro) 512GB card is working in my M12 and showing up as 476GB of storage in Windows in Storage mode. The M12 shows about 24 Hours of record time remaining with a couple of 48/24 sessions on it so far. First thing I did was to have the M12 format the SD card as per the manual.

Yeah see above. I tried formatting again but now I'm entirely out of luck haha.

Apparently the type of card dictates what capacity it can have in the Model12.
Here's from the spec's on Tascam's international webpage:

SD (512MB to 2GB), SDHC (4GB to 32GB), SDXC (64GB to 512GB)
Class 10 or higher required.

So, perhaps the card you've used is in fact not an SDXC card. Counterfeits when it comes to memory cards are pretty common.
Just a guess ...
Couldn't quote you in my other reply for some reason.

It says right on the card it's an SDXC card, so unless you're right and it is a counterfeit I don't think this is the issue.

If the card was bought from an authorized dealer, then hopefully there shouldn't be anything to worry about concerning it being a counterfeit.
But if it was bought through Ebay or Amazon, well, then that's a whole other matter ...

Solved it guys. Used STORAGE mode to format the SD card using my computer, and unticked 'Quick format' just to be sure. This fixed the issue.

Reactions: AltTuning and -mjk-

New threads

Members online