Someone IF-FW/DM MKII for sale?

They are pretty hard to come by nowadays but every once in a while some audio company will have one for sale. I just picked one up from Dale Pro Audio about four months ago. Might be worth a try. Be patient and good luck!

Reactions: Ryan McCallister
I'm actually going to have a IF-FW/DM MKII for sale as well as 3 of the analog cards in a couple of days. Let me know if you're interested.

Edit: The FW MKii & 3 analog cards are now up for sale in the Marketplace forum. I'll probably list them on eBay tmrw. Thx.

Last edited:
HI - thanks for the offer. I recently bought one on ebay and it appears to be a dud so at that price I think I will guy new from Tascam to get the warranty. thanks though.

yep - it is in slow 1. shows up OK in the console. gives a no cable error. I tried everything. Downgraded to multiple versions of MAC OS as I read there were issues with drivers on latest versions. I am on Mavericks on a fresh install with the latest Beta Drivers. when I went back to the ebay description I hadnt noticed he said sold "as is" which suggests he knew there were problems with it. I am more annoyed with all the time I have wasted when somebody sells you a known dud.

Sorry that you got a dud Ronan.
I was not looking to sell this card, but saw this thread and responded.
I have been on ebay with the same name since 2000, look up ampsarus feedback.
This card is available to anyone on this forum and if not working properly when recieved, I would certainly offer a refund minus shipping which is bullocks because my card is ok.

Again, I'm not putting this on ebay to sell it, I'll put it on ebay if somebody needs it.

Best,

I have a IF-FW/DMMKII available if anyone is still looking for one. Selling my DM3200 as well, but I'm willing to split them up. Let me know if you're interested!!

Ronan, there was an issue with older motherboards (on older versions of the DM's first gens' ) that caused weird behaviour with add on cards I would verify that the card is the problem or not before you spend any more on a new card it may be the DM itself

As well The DM-3200 must be running software V1.30 or higher to use the IF-FW/DM MKII

Previous versions of the DM-3200 software will not recognize the IF-FW/DM MKII
( this is unlikely your problem as you stated you can see the card ) Just wanted to put that in just in case.

Have you replaced the FW cable?

Try it on a PC ?

Run the internal diagnostics
1. Power on the DM-3200 while simultaneously holding down the following buttons:
SHIFT + 1/L (Output Select) + 2/R (Output Select)

Contact Tascam and send them the card to verify

Cheers,

Thanks for the help freaquencystudios. I was in two minds as to whether to just get a new card or try to get the existing one tested or fixed. I will try all that you suggest above and if not sent it back to Tascam and see.

No worries, Good luck keep us posted

Dear Members,

Anyone still have a IF-FW/DM card for sale or know where I could find one? I have 2 DM4800 mixers but I only got 1 Firewire card.

I have a IF-FW/DMMKII available if anyone is still looking for one. Selling my DM3200 as well, but I'm willing to split them up. Let me know if you're interested!!
I will buy it if still available!
If anyone wants the IF-FW/DM I have that for sale and would still need to buy the MKII

Hi everyone! Brand new to the recording world and have a ton to learn. I have been desperately looking for a Tascam IF-FW/DM MKII . Tascam says they are no longer in production, and I cant find any on amazon or ebay. From what i understand, the fireware card is the best option for connecting the Tascam DM 3200 to my macbook pro, and running Pro tools. The guys at sweetwater think the best thing to try is the USB port? but they said it would only hold maybe 8+ channels. Also a friend with some knowledge said the USB connection may not allow the AUTO faders to work when adjusting them on protools.

If there are ZERO IF-FW/DM MKII for sale, what is my solution for connecting my new Tascam DM3200 to protools on my mac for recording? I would hope for a minimum of 16 channels, and zero limitations with Protools and the tascam interacting?

Please make your responses comprehendible to a newbie with limited gear vocab. I appreciate any and all advice. Been sitting on the tascam for weeks. Cheers everyone

Hi, and welcome! You're right, the best option is the IF-FW/DM mkII, but it might be very hard to get one without the DM.

One thing you need to know is that there will be NO audio going over USB from DM to DAW or vice versa. The USB connection is used for communication between the two, including remote controlling DAW from DM. So that you already have.

Without the firewire card, the only way to have multiple digital inputs and outputs from the board is by using the onboard TDIF and/or ADAT connections, maybe together with an extension card for more TDIF/ADAT. Ofcourse those signals would need conversion to an audio interface for the computer, but there are many (older) options there. Also, it will be much more limited in number of channels/ audio sample rate..

Your best bet is to look daily on eBay. I see at least one a month pop up for sale around $400-$450. The last one sold on May 14 for $425.

New threads

Members online