Someone IF-FW/DM MKII for sale?

TDIF or ADAT option:
I was in the same boat until the TASCAM customer support people gave me a clue and I figured out the rest, so here it goes. You have two options, one is to use the 3 TDIF Audio banks you have on the device to connect 24 (3 X 8) channels carrying 24 bits @ 48 KHZ a channel. You connect each of the 3 TDIF banks to each of the 3 TDIF banks on a MOTU 2408 MK3 (approximately $250 "used on eBay") but it will not work on a Macbook pro. It will work on a PC or an older iMac as long as you install a special 424 PCI firewire card coming with the MOTU 2408 MK3. In such a case you will be using the MOTU 2408 MK3 as your sound device and the DM3200 or the 4800 as a slave. The other option that works with your Mac book pro is to spend more money and buy a newer MOTU sound device like the MOTU 828X (approximately $700 "used on eBay"), or the cheaper MOTU 828 MK3 Hybrid (About $500 used) and connect to the supplied 2 ADAT inputs and outs on the device. That will only work though if you have another ADAT card installed in SLOT1 or SLOT2 on the DM3200/4800. TASCAM DM3200/4800 comes with one ADAT In/Out supplied on board so another card installed on either SLOT1 to SLOT2 will add another 8 channels for a Total of 16 (2X8) channels of Audio at 24 bits with 48KHZ a channel. If you want the 3rd ADAT connection to get a total of 24 channels you will need a 2nd ADAT card installed in Slot 2 of your TASCAM DM 3200/4800, and you will need to buy the MOTU 24 ai device that will even be more expensive running at about a $1000 NEW. In all cases when you use the ADAT option, remember to connect Each of the ADAT In's of your DM3200/4800 to the Out's of the MOTU device and each of the ADAT Out's of the DM3200/4800 to the In's of the MOTU device. To Sum this up, the MOTU device will be the main sound engine and the TASCAM DM3200/4800 will be the slave. Firewire or thunderbolt wire will connect your computer to the MOTU device as you need to install updated drivers from the MOTU website to work with your computer running Windows or OS X. Now on the TASCAM 3200 you will need to access the routing menu and program the Inputs on Channels 1-16 to M/L and 17-32 to TDIF1-2-3 or your 2nd and 3rd ADAT installed on (Slot-1/ Slot-2) "depending on the actual Expansion card you installed" and OUTPUTS and OUTPUTS SLOT menus' Buss 1-16 and 17-32 respectively. ALSO please note that the USB connection supplied on the TASCAM 3200/4800 does not carry sound channels, it will only control/motorize the DAW software you use as you will need to program that separately. For more information about programming contact TASCAM customer support and they will walk you through all that.

Last edited:
I have the firewire card as well as the analog in/out card. Would love to sell as a pair.

I want the firewire card the IF-FW/DM MKII! How much do you take for it?

As long it is the IF-FW/DMMKII then I agree, I have the older version the IF-FW/DM and it doesn't update!
So how do you want to do this?

Mine is the MKII. I bought it brand new from Sweetwater in June of 2007. If you're interested send me a PM.

I am interested, let me know how you are going to be selling it, on eBay? Buy it now or what?

Reactions: noah330
If anyone here wants mine just submit an offer of $400 and mention tascam forums in your message and you can get it.

It will also come in the original box (which I found after I had made the listing but can't add because I have a Best Offer response out now).

Link is above.

N

Super in need of a IF-FW/DMMKII card. Anyone have one?

Also will this newer card work with the new mac os's? Thanks

Thats good to know if I can find one. I had the older version not the mkII and I sold it thinking I'd just buy a new one that worked with the new os but they quit making them! WTF! It's crazy that it's not a built in feature on the board. So I'm still looking! Thanks.

I know this is an old post but just wondering if anyone had a if-fw/dm mk2 card for sale? Need one for my 48fo. Thanks..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.