Song’s Fade Out

Doodle46

Veteran
Gear owned
Recorder, Guitars, Keys
Ref. Tascam DP-32sd:
After Mix/Mastering, my song’s “Fade Out” works just fine when played back on my machine. However, when I transport the song to my computer, the “Fade Out” becomes non-existent.
Can someone shed some light on this, and maybe tell me what I’m missing?
Thanks!

Hi D46 Only thing i can think of with my limited knowledge at the moment is that you may have not pulled the master stereo fader down when you where in mixdown mode and the record button was on ?? give it a another go

Reactions: Doodle46
Thanks, Dunny. I will keep plugging, and maybe someone else knows something we don’t.

Agree with Dunny - the mixdown process stops automatically at the Out point, so maybe you mis-timed the fade-out. Alternatively, are you copying out the correct master file to the computer? That's the only place where the fade-out will be recorded.

Reactions: Mark Richards
I’m surprised that, even using External Effects, I still have to nominate a track for “pure effect,” and then bounce all tracks needing Reverb/Delay to that track. I assumed I needed to do that for the machine to write it.

REFERENCE: I use a Lexicon Effects Processor.
This was my complete process:
NOTE: I “had” to run all 4 cables in order for my Lexicon Effects Processor to work.
• In MIX I turned-on Sends.
1. Connected (2) cables from the (2) Sends on the back of my machine to the Lexicon Input.
2. Connected (2ea) cables from Lexicon Output to Inputs 5 & 6 on DP-32.
3. Bounced Tracks 5 & 6 (Effects) to nominated Track 7 (Fader all way down).
4. Now Track 7 is only pure effects.
5. Recorded all tracks needed for complete song.
6. With it’s Fader all way down, I bounced all tracks requiring Reverb/Delay to Track 7.
7. Bounced all (dry) Tracks to nominated Track 6.
8. Bounced (wet) Track 7 to nominated Track 6.
9. Now ALL Tracks are on Track 6.
10. I Mixed/Mastered Track 6, starting Fade-Out (10 sec) before out-point of song. Upon checking, fade-out on Track 6 was accomplished.
11. Transported Track 6 (ONLY) to computer.
12. From Audio Depot, it was very easy to move my song to Documents, Windows Media Player, etc.
(I also converted it to .mp3)
NOTE: As I mentioned in my previous post, my song no longer had Fade-Out once transported to computer. I’m pretty sure I did the Fade-Out correctly, and transported Track 6. Puzzled!

Last edited:
When you mixdown, the result goes to the master file. This is not a track. It's a separate file which can only be played in mastering mode (yes it's not intuitive!) or simply copied to a computer.
When you bounce, the result goes to a track. This is a regular track so can be played or re-bounced or used in a mixdown as reqd. To copy this to a computer, you must use the Export process.
The video on mixing and bouncing tries to explain the difference.

D46 just used the manual fadeout on a song and it worked fine but moved it down well before the "out position" was released , used Audacity to swap over to mp3 so i could see the outcome hope this may help

New threads

Members online

No members online now.