Still Confused - external effect with DP-24SD

Matt B

Veteran
Gear owned
dp24sd
I have watched the great Tipping videos, but I still can't quite get this.

I have a tube microphone, which I want to process (during or after recording a track) with a DBX 160A compressor. I originally thought I could run the mic directly into the DBX, but the mic is of course mic level, and the DBX requires line level.

Then I thought to get a small mixer to boost the mic to line, but I would think I could just use the external effect output on my DP24-SD.

Soooo.... How? I have the effect send of the DP24 connected to the unbalanced input of the DBX, and the unbalanced output of the DBX to a channel input of the DP24-SD. Do I then turn up the effects 2 send on the channel I want to process, turn up send effects 2 AND send master 2?

The block diagram shows a switch for send 2 (and send 1). Maybe I am missing where to find that.

Thanks!

Matt B

Hi Matt, the switch is the PRE/POST/OFF selector in the mixer screen - there's one for each Send. Setting it to PRE or POST turns the send on (move the highlight with the cursor buttons over the box and turn the jog wheel). Apart from that, everything else is correct.

ME: (dial, dial, dial)
CUSTOMER SERVICE: How can I help?
ME: My effects loop isn't working!
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Have you turned it on?
ME: "Uhhhh... Thank you."

Reactions: Phil Tipping

New threads

Members online