Stop/Play not working in Remote mode

BigEasy504

Gear owned
Tascam DM 3200
I do get fader and pan movement in Pro Tools 10 in remote mode but the transport doesn't seem to be recognized also I noticed I'm losing the HUI connection at start up. I do turn the PC on 1st than the DM3200 than I load up Pro Tools 10. I set the HUI back up, get remote access but the transport doesn't work.

Do me a favor and as soon as you boot up your PC, launch the TMC Companion application and then close it. Next launch Pro-Tools. Any improvement?

CMaffia: I tried your way and no change

CaptDan: I tried you way and received the message " No compatible mixer.PNG

USB comms have been interrupted between the DM and DAW. This can happen for a number of reasons - including a port 'highjack' by the iLok (tm) which takes control if it senses something else trying to shove it to the back seat. Often, the first 'victim' is TMC.

You should try removing ALL USB cables to the PC. Perform a full shutdown of DM and PC. Reboot both, then re-insert all your USB cables in ports different than the ones they were originally inserted into. Let Window's plug/play do its routine. Then, launch TMC. If it launches successfully, CLOSE TMC AND DON'T REOPEN IT WHEN PROTOOLS IS OPEN AND OPERATING!!!

If that doesn't work, there's probably something else assigned to USB3/4/5 - and in particular USB#1 - TMC's 'comms line.' You'll need to find out what it (they?) are and reassign them.

CaptDan

What CaptDan says...that's what I was trying to determine with my recommendation.
You have either a USB conflict on your PC or a bad USB cable.

Reactions: captdan
Yeah you guys are right re USB port 'highjack'. One workaround, on PC anyway, is to go into device manager and disable the 4800 under "sound, video and game controllers. Then re enable again. This works for me.

disable the 4800 under "sound, video and game controllers. Then re enable again. This works for me.

This method is very closely related to the steps taken when sampling rates are changed when using fire wire. The DM is rebooted, and the PC's Win7 audio device is manually changed between sample rates/bit depths as well. Otherwise all sorts of issues can happen.

I've found that certain applications - earlier versions of Adobe Audition, for example - adjust sample rates 'internally.' In other words, the DM can be set to 96kz and a 44.1/16 session can be loaded in Audition, with both devices communicating in sync even though they're physically set to different parameters. So, something is going on 'under the hood,' in these cases.

CaptDan

Sorry for the long delay .... I'd like to thanks everyone who helped me with this particular issue, I have purchased a USB hub and placed all devices that uses USB into it except for the DM 3200 that is going into the USB port on the motherboard and I purchased a new USB cable and everything is working as should. As stated it must have been some sort of USB conflict where the DM was fighting for resources.

Reactions: captdan

New threads

Members online

No members online now.