Stuck on title

Ed Hampton

Gear owned
DP-24
I recently purchased a DP-24. I recorded a trial song and now I can not access the menu.. the manual states. “With the recorder stopped press menu.” I have many times and it will not allow me to access the menu. I have turned the unit on and off but it comes back on and is on the last title that I worked on. Anyone know how to access the menu from here.

Hi Ed. With the recorder stopped, and the word Multitrack in the upper left corner of the display (the Home screen), pressing the menu button absolutely will open the menu. If it does not, there is probably something wrong with that button.

Hi mjk. That is what I was afraid of. I was hoping it was a software/firmware issue that i could upgrade or reinstall

Reactions: -mjk-
There's a chance it may just be a corrupted card. If you've already recorded a song, the firmware & machine must be ok, but if the card contents got corrupted for some reason, such as closing it down incorrectly, it might cause a problem when it tries to reload the last song. If you have a computer, I would try copying the whole card to your hard disc as a precaution, then formatting it using the computer. Then put it back in the machine and power on. It should complain that the card is not formatted, but you should be able to access the Menu in order to format it. If this still doesn't work, then as mj suggests, it could just be the button... in which case, some deoxit cleaner may help if it's just a case of being dirty. Was it a 2nd hand machine?

Hi Phil,
Thanks for the info. I will try reformatting the SD card. Yes, I bought it second hand.

Ed, I also have a used machine. Yesterday, the machine alarmed me when suddenly my Mixer button stopped functioning. I sprayed a considerable amount of contact cleaner into the button, and I had to press it harder than I'm comfortable with to get it to cycle, but almost instantly the cleaner made it's way into the switch body and it started functioning again. Now, it works with the very lightest touch. If any button doesn't work when lightly touched, I stop what I'm doing and address it with contact cleaner. I always try to press the buttons as lightly as possible.

MJK, Thanks for the tip. I still need to reformat the SD card. Now my DP-24 is doing something new. When push the menu button it flickers back and fourth between the mix and menu screens stopping on the menu screen, which i guess is ok but it is strange. I think there is a ghost in the machine.

Ed, that is a classic sign of intermittent contact. The pushbutton switches are momentary contact type. The fact that yours is going back-and-forth would indicate that the switch is sticking in the down position but not making good contact. I presume that you meant it goes back-and-forth between the Menu, and Home screens. If however you mean that it goes back-and-forth between the Menu and Mixer screens, then that is a different level of problem. Try the contact clear ASAP.

Hi mjk,
You are correct. it is the home and menu screens. I will try the contact cleaner asap. Thanks again.

Ed, i'm highly optimistic that the contact cleaner will do the trick! That Deoxit is probably the best you can get.

Ed, it's been awhile, but you don't necessarily want the one for plastic faders. The general deoxidizing formula is great for the switches.

Yes indeed. It's the D5 that I have. It's a great product. It's entirely replaced the old stuff I used to use. It lasts *much* longer on my guitar pots as well. I use it for my work (I'm an air conditioning contractor). To paraphrase the Frank's Redhot ad:

"I put that sh*t on everything!"

:D

New threads

Members online

No members online now.