Tape loopsand counter going fast (424 and 644)

TESTA

Gear owned
Hi,

i'm doing tape loops and i want to understand why when I put a normal cassette, the speed of the right wheel is going fine... but it is going very fast when I insert a tape loop I did. As a consequence, the counter turns very fast.

The sound is ok, normal speed (I checked with a yamaha 120S), but on that device, the wheel is going "normal".

Anyone can explain me ?

yes..of course..i noticed it...

my question is : why is it going really fast with a tape loop... and it is going "normal" (slower) with a common cassette.

is it due to this ? "Hysteresis tension servo control system" and how to avoid it ?

Some of these deck are designed to run at 3.75 IPS which is not the normal speed of a cassette tape. So a tape made in a normal deck will run at 2 X speed on the deck. Some decks are made to have two speeds on then selected by a switch. Some others have a speed switch possible to reduce the tape speed from fast to slower (normal) by pressing certain buttons in rehearsal mode. I have done it on some models but I don't recall which model it was- check your manual.

IF your tape loop does not make use of the takeup reel table then the tape counter or timer will be free running and of course the reel will go too fast. It is expecting to be held back by the reel hub and capstan and pinch roller. There is no recommended use of a tape loop in this deck.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.