Tascam 112 wiring question

Dgs711

Gear owned
tascam 112
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 112 after replacing the belts. I took pix of the PCB and wiring that had to be unplugged. I missed one 5 pin harness that has orange,red,yellow,black and white wires. I have searched everywhere inside the deck to find where this thing plugs into the board, but I can't find it! This harness pigtails off the led counter plug & also into the motor housing. Any help is appreciated. I have the service manual, but it doesn't help me. Thanks in advance!

There are some connector that get plugged into the top of the counter board. They are pretty obvious that they plug in there but know that a smaller one does plug in to the right of the larger one and the pins have to line up properly. So check if two white connector are not plugged into the top side of the counter. Often times when connectors are a mystery the length of their wire can give you a hint as to their radius of plug in location. The only 5 pin connector I see in the schematics is that one that goes to the counter- the counter will not reset with this out.
It also goes to connection D on the control board and some wires to another connector of the counter pcb which is an 8 pin connection.

Thanks for your detailed reply. I was looking at the PCB from the rear of the unit and couldn't find a 5-pin plug. Then I turned it around and found it on a small pcb near the counter FACING THE FRONT of the unit. Should've known to look for the tan side when I saw the green colored bottom of the pcb. Having a blast restoring these decks! Now...to find a buyer! I have a Teac C-3x & the Tascam 112 (still needs VU lights). Both sound awesome.

Yes, The C-3X is a dual speed and you will not find that motor anymore so they are being converted to single speed with a new motor and different machined pulley. The lamps for the meters are almost all the same and are Pig tail lamps or Axial lamps. MAT Electronics sells these item called AL8 and the case where you will order more than a few is from JKL lamps that sell one more exact to the need called DA513. The DA513 uses about 1/2 the current as the AL8 but they are still both correct lamps. Do not use Automotive types that are 250mA or more as they collapse the supply and sometimes take audio with it. Some machines mute circuits are tied to the lamp voltage and if you short that the audio also goes.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.