Tascam 16x08 Direct Monitoring

chad pry

Gear owned
Tascam 16x08
I can't figure out how to direct monitor with this interface. I'm beating my head against a wall. Anybody have this thing?

Hey bud - to direct monitor the inputs you need to go into the settings panel and reassign output 1 and 2 to master L and R - then you will hear anything you plug in to the unit through the headphones or any monitors connected to output 1 or 2.

I just got this unit myself. I also beat my head against the wall trying to figure it out. From what I can tell (and still odd to me), if I hook it to the computer, I can hear all input channels through the headphones/monitor. If I use it standalone in mic preamp mode (not connected to a computer), I can only hear inputs 1 and 2. You have better luck since your post here? Are you getting the same results? I wrote Tascam a couple days ago but it appears their support is as bad as I have read about.

That's working as intended Wolfdogg - in standalone preamp mode it's a direct connection from In 1 to Out 1, In 2 to out 2 etc all the way up to in 8> out 8.

Gotcha.. thanks, Chickenman. I just assumed you could hear all the channels through the mic preamp but no biggie.. recording is what I bought it for anyway. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: JarkkoSisu

New threads

Members online