Tascam 208 mixing to DAW troubles

Moth716

Gear owned
Tascam M208
Hi, I have an otari mx 5050 that I track to which then goes out to my tascam m208. I’m mixing on the 208 and want to print my mix to my computer via my motu 8a interface in Logic X. I go out of the Left channel of the tascam into channel 1 of the Motu and pan that left. I do the same with the right channel of the tascam into channel 2 of the motu and pan that right. Now one would think that if I panned say my vocal which is on track 1 of the tascam to the left it would come out of the left and vica verse with the right channel. However what happens is that I pan to the right and it goes all the way right but when I pan to the left instead of just coming out of the left channel it comes out of both channels. The result is that the mixdown stereo image is out of wack and sounds phasy. I tried this with both balanced and unbalanced cables and its the same problem. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this so that stereo out left comes out only on the left side and stereo out right only on the right side in my DAW?

Only a guess as I do not do this kind of think but the left channel input must be placed center on the digital interface mixer which then applies it to both channels. It needs to be set for the left channel only. Check the mixer in the DAW interface.

Check any sends on your daw one might be active and that would cause issue you described.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.