Tascam 4800 Control Panel (error)

nflyte

From
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gear owned
DM4800 with IF-FW/DMmkll,
Hello All, I was having issues getting the mixer to lock to my computer so I exchanged my Texas Instrument chipset firewire card to a VIA chipset firewire card and that did allow the mixer firwire card to finally show locked in the panel slot 1. Now that it recognises the computer it has an issue with the Tascam DM4800 Control panel. I recieve an an error when I try to open the 4800 control panel saying: This application is not compatible with the your Dice (kernel) driver!! Is it maybe something to do with legacy drivers or maybe the latest firewire card driver. I thought I installed the latest card driver but not the legacy drivers. Any help is appreciated.

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 1511
OS Build 10586.420
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA750
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz 3.60 Ghz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen and touch is available for this display

Hello All, I seem to have been able to download the proper driver for the IF-FW/DMmkii firewire card and now the control panel is active and I am getting the firewire in the protools menu. I know this was a result of all the replies and suggestions and sending me drivers from you good people. Thank you so so so much you are awesome. To continue, now I have to figure out how to get the DM4800 to record into protools. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks again everybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Batah
Hi All. I have gone from total frustration to total Joy over the last week. I am now recording into protools 12 and multi tracking as I need. I followed the set up that was on Sweetwater. Here is a link to it. The only part I need to complete is the remote layer which I need help with. Here is the setup link I used: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcar...800iffwdmmkii-up-for-use-with-pt9-and-higher/ Hope this helps anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online