Tascam 4800 Protools 11 no sound

dj face

Gear owned
Tascam 4800
Pleas help I am new to tascam product 4800 an can't seem to find any good videos that's can help me with fixing the problem I have.
I have the 4800 with FireWire card
Protools 11
Have gotten as far as getting the transport (stop,play,record) buttons to work but no sound coming out of speakers ? I hit play on 4800 an it plays the program. But where the master vol is on 4800 no leds light up please help. Thanks

Your question - 'No Sound' - is probably the most common. Unfortunately there are many possible causes, and without more information and specific details on your setup, it's impossible to provide anything helpful. But, it's most likely a simple routing problem.

We need to know:

1. Where are you routing your analog inputs (directly into the DM or through an external preamp or device?

2. How do you have your monitors set up? Through the monitor outputs or someplace else?

3. Have you observed ANY VU meter activity - either in the DM or in Ptools tracks?

4. Have you read ANY of the manual? (Yes, it's a bit confusing, but it also provides an overview of the routing architecture).

Please take a little more time to search this forum; you may discover the answer to your question in any number of earlier posts. And let us know the details of your setup - including how you intend to work with the console. There are numerous ways to set these mixers up, and some are better than others for certain things.

CaptDan

Read page #2 here. It applies to the DM4800 as well. Read the document that has "Routing" in the title. It's only four pages long.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP IT WAS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

New threads

Members online