Tascam 4800

Fabsantana

Gear owned
Tascam 4800
Hey guys, I just got this tascam 4800 and I don't have a lot off experience on consoles in general. I was wondering how I can set up my my dm talking back to logic as far as routing goes.
I did set up terminal slots using batch set up and my fwmkii card says driver off line!! Firmware is 1.10 assuming it's up to date. I am not sure how my monitors would get the sound from the board/logic. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1843.JPG
    IMG_1843.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 9
Before even tackling the routing you need to sort out your FireWire driver issue. No audio will pass to and from your DM to the computer until that says "online". Not a Mac person but it would be helpful if you provide OS and FireWire driver version you're using. Check the sticky to make sure you're using the latest Mac beta driver which is F10

Reactions: DM NEWBEE
I am using the OS 10.12.5. It's the newer mac. For the FireWire-card do I have to take it out from the DM to check what it's?

I am using the OS 10.12.5. It's the newer mac. For the FireWire-card do I have to take it out from the DM to check what it's?
I'm no expert, but, I don't think that it is necessary to remove the Fire Wire expansion card in order to determine what driver / firmware version you are running.

So I went further to update the FireWire card but it's not compatible with the macOS sierra 10.12.5. And now I have to find out how to downgrade to OS 10.6 so that I can update my FireWire card which is absolutely ridiculous. Or maybe use someone else computer and update my FireWire card. If there is anyway please guys let me know. I greatly appreciate all the response that I've been getting from you. Awesome peeps!!

@Fabsantana I could be wrong but I believe that if you search the forum you may find that others have had similar issues to what you are experiencing. Unfortunately, I am not a Mac user so I am at a loss to assist you.

P.S. The stickies have been extremely helpful for me and many others I'm sure. Best of luck! Peter

I beleive you have to get a fw400 pcie card. Check recent thread. Title says it all.

@Fabsantana Take a few steps back....you're confusing the definitions of FIRMWARE and DRIVERS.

Firmware is code that upgrades physical hardware (in this case your IF-FW/DMmkII card). Latest firmware is v1.10 so you're fine there.

A driver is software that allows your OS to talk to the hardware (IF-FW/DMmkII).
Latest drivers for Mac are IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f10.
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/if-fw-dmmkii-beta-drivers-for-dm3200-dm4800.2315/

As mentioned before, here's the recent thread about having to use a compatible PCIe 400 firewire card with a Mac.
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/if-fw-dmmkii-firewire-800-dropouts.4756/

New threads

Members online

No members online now.