JakeBNimble

From
Austin, Texas
Website
soundcloud.com
Gear owned
DM 4800
Good morning, all!

I am new to this forum, and to Tascam equipment, in general. But I recently purchased a used DM 4800 and love it. I primarily use it for tracking vocals and live instruments over electronic tracks I create, and for mixing/mastering. It works great and I have been reading through the manual to better understand all of its potential, which seems HUGE....

But specifically, is there a way for the meter bridge LED's to show signal from each returning recorded track, in the remote setting?

This would be very helpful to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

No unfortunately

Not that I doubt you, but with all of the different routing assignments of ins/outs in this unit, that's hard to believe, and also VERY disappointing...

Every control surface I've ever worked on showed output levels of each track in the meter bridge or on each track line... It would've been very helpful to see these levels in real time, to know what's on each track, especially since there is no digital display of the name (redundant from the DAW) displayed on each track...

Yes, with the board's flexibility you can see your DAW track signals on the
Meter bridge. For example, it will work if your output your DAW tracks via FW into the mixer. However it isn't designed to work in the REMOTE layer. When you go to the monitor screen menu while in the Remote layer, it tells you that the function isn't supported.

I am using FW from my IFFWDMMKII card to my computer... Is that what u saying? I thought that FW connection was for getting signal thru the mixer, into the computer (as a audio interface...).

Or are u saying I need to route those outs differently, internally, to see them on the meter bridge.... using FW? But not in "remote" mode?

Correct you need to bring your DAW signal in the input section of your DM to see your tracks on the meter bridge. You will be mixing on the DM in that scenario while still having access to your DAW's mixer.

Start with routing searches on the forum. I don't believe there is a specific doc for this as it falls under the subject of basic routing features.

From the Input routing menu, you will need to route your slot 1 tracks to your mixer. Configure as your secondary sources and flip from your M/L routing when done tracking. Note that you'll have to configure your DAW to output those tracks,stems,effects to your DM mixer via FW.

Also note that you'll need 2 FW channels so that you can record your mix back to your DAW unless you have a separate mixdown device to record your mix.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.