Tascam dm4800 or dm3200 Share some of their presets

Rick Juniel

Gear owned
Tascam dm 4800
Hello Tascam dm4800 or dm3200 users, anyone willing to share some of their presets for bass and lead guitars, drums and vocals...

email: rjuniel@earthlink.net

I would truly appreciate it and thanks in advance

Unless styles, tastes, voices, rooms, instruments, and genres are all equal, presets are about 15% useful. :cry:

I could upload my favorite bass EQs, but if you're not using the same type of instrument as I, the settings will likely not work well. Or, my favorite gtr EQs might sound great with my 1965 Gibson archtop, but absolute giraffe dung with your '65 Ricky 12 string. :mad:

Vocals are even trickier. An operatic tenor singing through a U47 at 101 db might need some hi-pass filtering because his low Gs and As interfere with the cellos. But a coloratura soprano is a whole nuther thang entirely. And that Britney Speers impersonator -when mangled fully with an AutoTune - sounds like a drunken Munchkin with a shelving EQ. But that same filter on an actual female vocalist singing through a ribbon mic might be heaven on earth. :rolleyes:

I realize that pre sets are good starting points and learning tools. They can also interfere with your perceptions of how things should - or can - sound too. Worse, they can create a false reliance on 'mix-fixism,' when a better approach might be to get it right on the track in the first place.
:(

EDIT: I hope Mr Jamsire doesn't mind, but he sent me this link recently. It's got a great EQ/bandwidth chart that's very helpful in understanding where audio sources sit in the big scheme of things. I think this may be more valuable than individual presets which may not translate to another person's situation.

http://www.presonus.com/community/Learn/Equalizer-Terms-and-Tips

YMMV.

CaptDan

Last edited:
I truly agree with you I was just looking to see if there was some presets out there that I could just have in my preset folders for starting points

Thanks

I truly agree with you I was just looking to see if there was some presets out there that I could just have in my preset folders for starting points

Have you tried using the DM's onboard presets? There are quite a few - in all libraries including EQ, Efx, and Dynamics. Frankly, these are no less useful as starting points than anything else you might find.

But as Jim agrees, that frequency chart is far more valuable. Check it out. :)

CaptDan

New threads

Members online

No members online now.