TASCAM DP-32sd & External Effects

This is important... so please explain... the EV RE20 has just *one* XLR cord connector.... so how/why is it plugged into inputs A and B both??? I would think that the one microphone should be plugged into just one input.

Ah! Good question. I’m using a splitter. I guess that’s not good?

If you have a regular XLR cord - let's use that. In to Input A.

Ok. XLR is on mic. I will fix it.

Mic cord xlr is plugged directly into Input A.

Ok - follow me here...

1) press the "Source" button for input A. It will light up green

2) Then press the "Mixer" button and you will be looking at the "Input A" mixer screen.

Tell me when you're there.

IM HERE! FYI: All connections in mixer are currently set the same: A & B and Track 9/10, which is my stereo vocal track.

Now we will set "Input A" (mic signal) to be routed to the Send 1 bus.

1) remove the cable from Send 2 on the back of the Tascam that connects to the Lexicon. We don't need it. Make sure that the cable connected to Send 1 output on the back of the Tascam connects to the LEFT INPUT on the Lexicon.

2) in the Input A mixer screen which you're already looking at... use the scroll arrow buttons to select (highlight) the "Send 1" selector: off/pre/post. Use the jog wheel and select "post". Leave send 2 set to off.

Let me know when you've completed those two steps.

Give me time to do this. I will do step 1 first.
By the way, I’m only receiving some of your comments by email, so I have to switch back & forth. Ok, last comment just now showed in forum. I will do step one.

Last edited:
Send 1 is plugged into Lexicons L input.
Mixer Send 1 is set to Post. Send 2 is off.

Now...

1) press the "Assign" button to get you to the Assign screen

2) at the bottom of that screen - press "Clear". That will clear any assignments already made - we want to start fresh.

3) In the Assign screen.... scroll down to tracks "9-10" - and use the jog wheel to set them for inputs "E-F".

4) Then scroll down further to the "Stereo Bus" selectors... and select "A". Use the jog wheel to turn it on - it will light up green. On the Assign screen you should now see a PINK "E-F" for tracks 9-10... and a GREEN "A" at the bottom.

Let me know when you've completed those steps.

Instructions 1 & 2 completed.

Ok - assuming you got those last 4 steps completed... we are really close here.

Just double checking... you have the outputs of the Lexicon attached to inputs E and F - correct?

I’m here. I lost the forum for a Sec. Let me read your last comment

New threads

Members online