Tascam DR100 mk3 spdif connection

pend1711

Gear owned
Tascam DR-100 mk3
I love this unit. I use it to record my vinyl records via the xlr inputs.

I am now trying to record from the Kanex Pro hdmi embedder via the Tascam spdif digital input to see if i can record hi res dvda and sacd audio.

I have a cable but it does not work. I get the "dim sample unmatch" error. Do i need to use the Tascam digital coversion cable. I cannot test because my cable is 3.5mm but the adaptor looks to be 2.5mm?

I am assuming the spdif is coax and not toslink? My embedder has both spdif outputs.

Thanks
Andrew

I have the Mk.2 myself, and it seems you don't have matching sample rates. But one thing: how do you expect digital audio to go in if you don't have a fitting cable? In the specs of my unit it says the connection is 2.5 mm and uses the S/PDIF standard (from coax). That usually means 44.1 and 48 kHz sample rate signals are accepted, but most of all the sample rates of the playback device and the recorder have to be the same.

Thanks Arjen
I appreciate your response

So the tascam input is 3.5 and i have a spdif cable from the Kanex to the tascam that fits - 3.5 male to 3.5 male. The sampling rate from the Kanex will likely be greater than 44.1 and i thought the tascam could accept that, but is the coax input limited to 44khz.

The adaptor cable that comes with tascam is a 3.5 male to 2.5 female. I do understand what this would be for?

Thanks
Andrew

Sorry for the late reply.. I think the sample rate is the problem. you really need to make sure the recorder receives either 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz S/PDIF audio or it will not accept. The 3.5 to 2.5 female cable is probably for users coming from the Mk.II that I have, or the Mk.I..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.