Tascam FW-1884 NO SOUND

xdementia

Gear owned
fw-1884
Hi everyone. My company bought a used Tascam FW-1884 interface. I am a sound engineer and I'm trying to hook it up on my Windows 7 system to use.

At first when I installed the latest drivers from the website all the video on my machine started to hang, no audio program would even play audio correctly. I figured out that I needed to re-install legacy drivers for my firewire hub in order to fix this.

Once the legacy drivers were installed the video no longer hangs and now audio appears to play in my audio programs. However, I see the meters on the program play but I don't get any sound from the unit. I am able to get audio through it going into channel 7 and 8 in "monitor mode" but nothing directly through firewire from my computer.

Please advise. Thanks.

I think maybe there is an element of routing on the actual unit I may be misunderstanding or something.

Ok, I figured it out on my own! I had to go into monitor mix mode and press "computer" as the source. I had only been messing around with those parameters after pressing the route button which actually makes it so you can only change MIDI mode.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.