Tascam if-fw/dm mkii firmware 1.02 to 1.10

Tejo

From
Netherlands
Gear owned
DM 4800
Hi everyone,

I have a question that you might be able to solve very easily. I bought a TASCAM IF-FW/DM MKII card and found out that this card still has a firmware of version 1.02. The card shows in windows 10 driver offline. I have downloaded all the firmware but cannot update the card because the onboard firmware is too old. When I try to install the old driver, the software gives a message that this software cannot be installed on this Windows 10 PC. Which makes sense because this software can only be installed on an XP PC. I think that if the firmware on this card is updated to version 1.10, the card will also be able to communicate with the Windows 10 software. I don't have a windows XP PC, do you have any idea how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Tejo

Reactions: mixerizer
Hi @Tejo, If I remember correctly, I updated my IF-FW on the current PC, which was then running Windows 7, so not sure if W10 would operate the same way.. I remember going through all sorts of 'compatability modes' and running as administrator and finally got it to work. But it's been 12 years, so I don't remember the details.

You do use the right updater? (IFFWDMmkII_Setup_V1.10_95089.exe)

Reactions: mixerizer
Hi Arjan, thank you for your comment. By the way, how do you make that beautiful
@ Arjan P? Wauw 12 years ago already!!! If I understand you correctly, Windows 7 should work but then 32 bit. version to be able to use the firmware software. I have an old windows 7 machine and tried it out and yes this worked... There I can install the old driver. Now I only have to install a firewire card in the windows 7 PC and then I can check it if I can do a firmware update I have the IFFWDMmkIIFirmwareUpdater_1.10_92600 is this also good or should I use the one you mentioned?

You almost had it, put the @ and user without a space and wait for the forum name to appear and cllick on it.. @Tejo

My Windows 7 was the 64 bit version, but I was suggesting that it may even work under W10 with a different 'compatibility mode' and as administrator. Not sure though..

The driver I used is 'IFFWDMmkII_Setup_176851_Release.exe' and that is version 1.30f9. I do also have the firmware 92600 in my files and it should also be 1.10, but obviously the 95089 would be a later one. Don't know about the differences..

Reactions: -mjk-
Hi @Arjan P, it took me some time... I tried to change the firmware of the card but I didn't succeed. I thought I could succeed under Windows 7 but I didn't. I think it should be possible under windows xp what I don't have anymore. I have to find a solution for this that can update this and maybe repair the card. Thank you for your help :) Much appreciated.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.