Tascam M-35 Direct Out pre-fader?

Rabbit

Gear owned
Tascam M-35, Tascam DA-88
Hello,

First time on the forum and I decided to join. I just picked up a beautiful M-35 in excellent condition. Previous owner had every channel, group and master recapped and he also did the power supply. Very quiet board. I'm getting ready to wire it up with some tascam rca patchbays along with my DA88 I picked up a few months ago. I also have a Tascam DA-30 I purchased with original box, books etc.

Now I want to know is the direct out on this board pre-fader? Is it also pre-eq and everything? This will be my first time using a console. Before I was using a firewire focusrite interface and such. Also which outputs should I use my Yamaha's with? The Control room outputs? I noticed it also has tape-ins so I can wire all 8 outputs on the DA88 to the tape in's that way I can monitor back? Also to mix-down will the tape-in selection work?

Thanks

Hi Rabbit,
The answer is in the block diagram of the mixer as supplied in the manual. You might as well get used to looking and understanding that as this will answer all your routing questions 99% of the time. I kept one handy when working with my M50. I would answer you directly but I don't have a M35 manual handy right now.

I did some recording the other day with it and it's not pre-fader but that's fine. I don't have the manual and I wish I did. What I really need is a DA-88 repair manual. I have a unit that is giving me a error 11.

The Send out can give you a pre fader signal and can be accessed with a tap or a Y cord. The DA-88 errors I had here once. Best to get in contact with Russ Bachmann at New Jersey Factory Service.
I can send you access to a service manual if you send me an E mail directly to skywavebe@sbcglobal.net

New Jersey Factory Service, Inc.
16 Chestnut Avenue Suite 103 B
Emerson,New Jersey 07630
201-967-0060
Mon- Wed 8-4 Thurs 8-3 Closed Fri Sat/Sun by appt.

This might help also-
http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/error-code-messages-da88/

Last edited:

New threads

Members online