Tascam M1600 Console Noisy Input

Guy Mitchell

Gear owned
Tascam M1600 Mixer
I have a noisy input channel 6. Crackly popping sound. I can silence it if I go to Line Input. My guess is I have a noisy Mic Input Pre Amp. Comments anyone on how to fix this. Can I unplug the pre amp from another channel and swap it over, so the noisy input travels to a channel further down the Mixer, out of the way. Is it possible to but the components/chips to fix this.

I have worked on almost all Tascam mixers. First thing to do is find out where the parts are located and what parts- transistor or Op Amps are involved. Then once you know that it is just a matter to access the board to put a socket in and then to be able to change them out. I had to service a M520 many times as the studio kept on plugging in guitar amps to the instrument input and blowing out the Op Amp. Some people never learn. With sockets it is much easier to change parts when they are suspect to damage. It also make it better for the PCB as some people's soldering and component work is destructive to the board. I have seen all kinds of issues in my 45 years of work in the field.

Is it ppssible ti remove another pre amp from another channel and swap it over so that the noisy channel pre amp moves to another place on the mixer.
Is it a pre amp pcb, can it be removed easily for repair.... Is it easy to get to the pre amp pcb.
Are parts still available for the pre amp.....
Thanks for your help....

New threads

Members online