Tascam M700 owners / users / techs

Thom

I've recently bought an M-700. Is there anyone else out there using one? It would be great to get in touch with other users! I have a few questions (maybe a few answers?), but the first thing is to find out if there's anyone else using one..?

IMG_0529.jpg

Reactions: fieldstreet
Cool, how long have you had it John? Do you have a studio website, or any action shots? :)

Hi Kevin! Sorry it took a while to come back to you.
We use the Tascam in an everyday working studio for country and acoustkc productions.

https://www.facebook.com/neomusicindustry/?ref=settings

If you look at this page you see more of the Tascam. We will recap this one the next year, It is sounding wonderful but we try to get it even better.
Nice to be in contact with a fellow owner. There are about 10 good working M700 desks on this globe :)

regards
John

Wow John.. your m700 has the automation fader feature.. I had a few issues with the master section last week. So I brought an ssl sigma and im going to sum direct outs from the m700 to the sigma. Plus the qbus outputs to the sigma also. I have had 24 faders recapped made a huge difference.

Regards
Kev

Thanks for joining in Kevin and John!

John, great to see some photos of an M700 in a functioning studio. It looks like you started without the automation package and added it later? How is it working out for you?

I have been looking at adding the automation package but of course they don't come up for sale. Are the faders motorized? It seems like adding an SSL Sigma will be my best option.

Hi Kevin, is your console in a commercial or private studio? Do you have a website? I've been looking at adding a Sigma too - I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

--- Do either of you have a source for spare parts? Specifically at the moment I'm looking for fader caps, potentiometer knob caps, 1 patchbay. I'm sure there will be more once I dig into it a bit...

Hi Thom get the Sigma. The jump in quality is night and day. The m700 sounds better then a 4000k. Heaps of head room. You can really drive the sound. Hard before it sounds cooked. Iv never had to pull my mixs back because they were to loud. My system is at -18 = 0 because of my pro tools hd3 192 rigg.
I use an apollo to which has enhanced the digital clock of the old hd3 system by a hell of a lot. The thing about the sigma every thing just sounds better. Eq harshness is gone on the m700. Plus uad plugs sound 10x better too. I am only using 24 faders on the m700 plus I can sum the qbuss out put to sigma in stereo and mono too. And that harsh sound i was getting from the sigma is gone. No idea as it wasnt cliping more noise floor. Everything in the studio is balanced at the power.. Sigma automates nice with tools.. well Ssl release the updated software to use hue automation. I will pick up an avid artist series motorised fader for the right side of the console.. sigma is the game changer if you own an m700.

Sounds great Kevin! I had envisioned running the Sigma on the channel inserts purely for automation, but you've got me thinking about better ways to incorporate it. The mix recall alone must be a time saver.

I have heard about issues with (non SSL) control surfaces and Sigma and Pro Tools... let us know how you get on. It might have been something to do with the Delta plugin from memory.

I don't suppose you've got a line on spare parts for the M700? Specifically at the moment I'm looking for fader caps, potentiometer knob caps, 1 patchbay. I'm sure there will be more once I dig into it a bit...

John, I don't suppose you're selling any of the faders or fader caps you've replaced?

Hi Thom yeah the delta control wont work with hue contollers at this time. But iv heard SSl are fixing that.

Sigma is a complex beast. But id recomend an apollo sf or black. In the signal chain. Nice prez and nice plugs it really helped.. mixs just sound amazing.
Thats if you are using tdm based pro tools 10.. ill upgrade later to hdx when the price is right.. but im kiling most hdx systems in sound quality any beat that true analog sound and super analog head room.

Kind regards
Kev

How are you guys getting on with your M700s? And are there any other users out there?

I have a strange issue with my EQs..... the LF, LMF, and HF all sound great, but the HMF (Hi Mid Frequency) doesn't sound like it's doing anything at all. And this is the same across every channel I have tested. What's unique about the HMF that could make it stop working on each channel?

hola a todos soy propietario de una tascam m700 y estoy muy feliz con la mesa, la compre hace unos meses y estaba bastante rota, después de mucho limpiar y limpiar ahora tiene mejor aspecto, pero tengo algunos problemas con el eq algunos los activos y hay veces que suenan y otras no me haria falta el manual de servicio alguien lo tiene, gracias

esta es mi mesa desde españa

Attachments

• thumbnail-5.jpg
    thumbnail-5.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 13
  • thumbnail-6.jpg
    thumbnail-6.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 12
  • thumbnail-4.jpg
    thumbnail-4.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 14
  • thumbnail-3.jpg
    thumbnail-3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail-1.jpg
    thumbnail-1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 16
  • thumbnail-2.jpg
    thumbnail-2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 13
Hey guys I just bought an m700 console but it needs the interface cable from the power supply as it was somehow lost in transit! Does anyone here know what that connector is called please so I can make a new cable if possible?

Many thanks

Paul

The past manager of CA service is Wkrbee and he may have the diagrams needed to make the cable for you. I could also make one if we could get the connector ends. There is a company in Chicago called Gepco that makes custom cables too if they can get the connectors. I used to buy rolls of wire from them when I was in Broadcasting.

Is anyone looking to sell an M700?
Willing to pick from a radius around Munich/Southern Germany +1000km

Thanks! The original owner found the cable so I really am lucky to now have this desk up and running.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.