Tascam neo 2488 shut down

scott123

Gear owned
2488 neo mkii 424 dp01
Hi, I was just playing along to some tracks on my Tascam Neo 2488 ... wasn't recording, just practicing to already recorded stuff. When I hit the shutdown button, nothing happens. Doesn't light up, doesn't read, no "Are you sure" message, etc.
Do you think it's not working, or is it because I wasn't recording? I seem to remember hitting that button before in the same situation and it always worked, maybe I'm just remembering it wrong. The thing is well over 10 years old, and I don't use it very often. Thanks for any input.

Hey Scott-
As a grizzled veteran of the 2488’s, there’s two possibilities that occurred to me right away:
  1. Your buttons are showing age/wear; either dirty/dusty, or the little microswitch underneath is getting unreliable/intermittent. This is common, BUT usually happens first w buttons that get the most use: Play, Stop, Menu, etc…
  2. The other thing that occurred to me is that the unit might not respond to the “Shut Down” button being pressed if the unit is in a menu or other screen than “home”; or transport isn’t stopped; or something like that. Things like that are usually only done by maroons like me…but thought I’d mention it as a possibility…

New threads

Members online

No members online now.