Tascam sx1 and alesis ADAT hd24

Rodrigo

From
Argentina
Gear owned
SX1
hello fellas! I've revived my sx1 after a while and i was needing some help over here. I bought an Alesis hd24 to get some extra channels as i red somewhere in this forum before and im kinda walking in the dark now, i need some help from a hero without a cape :)
The questions are:
1) How is the process to get the 8 extra channels?
2)How should i route everything?
3) Those 8 extra tracks are going to be visible at the "track" page with the waveform drawed with the possibility of being splitted, cutted and all that functions?
4) the routing will allow me to mix the channels with eq and fx?
I hope someone can help me so i can star testing and enjoying this two workhorses :)

Ps: i knew that the mx2424 does sinc better than the alesis hd24 but there wasnt any available in my country.
Cheers to everyone who is here to help, happy new year to everyone :)

You need something to convert SMPTE to ADAT sync. I use a MOTU Digital Timepiece. The ADAT sync port on your SX-1 was never turned on via software update and never will be. The ADAT optical I/O is fully functional, however.\

You can route the digital ADAT inputs to any of the fully functional 40 channels. You will have no way to view the waveforms and the editing on the HD24 is very limited.

I had the idea of "bouncing" already edited tracks to the HD24. With the MOTU piece that you quote, the waveform and editing problem "solves"? Cheers!

That's pretty much how I use my HD24. I added two ADAT option cards plus the stock ADAT I/O for a total of 8 optical out and 24 in.

Nice! Could you upload some vids about the routing? It would be AWESOME! Cheers

Sorry, that project has been wrapped up years ago and off my hard drives. You'll find all those routing options in the routing window, digital tab.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.