Tascam US-1641 Output Issues, OSX El Capitan, Mainstage 3.2.3

guitarman19853

Gear owned
US-1642
I'm at my wits end with Mainstage issues. Hopefully someone can help with this pretty specific issue.

All of a sudden (I believe it coinsides with the 3.2.3 update but I can't confirm that for sure) Mainstage experiences extreme latency of 1 second or more every time I use it. I believe it's an issue with my Tascam US-1641 because removing it from the system and using the system outputs works fine. If it is the audio interface, how can I know if buying a different one won't have the same issues?

Gear:
*2015 Macbook Pro 15" Retina -
*Tascam US-1641 USB Audio Interface
*2 USB Midi Keyboards (MPK49 and Keith McMillan K-Board)
*USB 3 hub - Only the keyboards plug into this. Interface goes to the Macbook's other USB port.

What it's doing:
*Latency is on the audio output only. MIDI activity is spot on with the triggers
*Latency does not improve or worsen when changing the I/O Buffer Size or Driver Latency settings.
*Switching to system output fixes the problem. Latency is gone but not going through my audio interface obviously.

What I've tried:
*Adjusting advanced audio settings as stated above with no results.
*I had remained on OSX Yosemite for as long as possible. As a last resort to try to fix this, I upgraded to El Capitan but it did not fix it.
*Set up an aggregate output as recommended by some Apple support forum threads. Sometimes this momentarily fixes it, but it always returns.

Sometimes changing settings such as setting up aggregate outputs or changing the Digital Output Format in the Tascam US-1641 Control Panel from S/PDIF and then back again will fix the problem for a minute or two, then the sound glitches and immediately goes back to the 1 second latency.

It was the Tascam interface with the problems. Saw online a review for a newer Tascam USB interface that said their usb drivers sucked. Replaced with a Focusrite Saffire 40 interface and the problem is long gone.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.