Tascam US 16x08 hiss background noise problems

javilander

Gear owned
Tascam US 16x08
Hi Tascam Forum,
I've just got this interface and it looks great for the price/features, however, i'm not totally happy with the sound quality. I bought it in order to replace my Steinber UR242, which sounded perfect, zero zums, hiss or background noise in the speakers, which it does happen with this new interface. It looks, it sounds like, the output would't be getting out though a balanced cable (and my speakers uses balanced cables, same way i use to connect it to the steinberg). Plus, it sounds different, a little bit lack in botton end (kick drums) but it adds like an exhageration in 250Khz, but this is subjetive.
I believe that the problem with the hiss and interference noise is that the driver and mixer panel control doesn't mute or deactivate the inputs you're not using, and i can see this in cubase, where you can see a signal floor without even having connected any cable to that port. By the way, i don't use the DSP effects, i always leave it in True Bypass.
With Steinberg, if you mute all the inputs in their control panel, and even if you turn the volume knob all the way up, you won't hear a thing: zero noise, the way it should be.
Is there anything that i might be missing? Thanks.

By the way, I'm using OSx El capitan, latest firmware, latest software.

Make sure you're using the asio driver in you daw. I just upgraded from my Steinberg ur44 and notice the output to sound cleaner with the Tascam. I just have 2 mics hook up and the other inputs are inactive. Might be the way you have settings panel set up, try leaving true bypass off, change the line out 1/2 to computer 1/2, uncheck computer out to Bus

New threads

Members online

No members online now.