Tascam US-1800 - audio buffering problems

musicadi

Gear owned
US-1641
Hello,

I'm experiencing an audio buffering issue under macOS 10.12.6, while using Logic Pro X (10.3.3) and plugging in an iPad Air 1. As soon as iTunes starts backing the iPad up, audio glitches are heard and then the latency grows to about 2 seconds and stays like that until I restart the US-1800.

According to Apple, this is normal, as the USB port is being pushed to its limits during file transfer. I have a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro with USB 3 ports, so I'm not sure how two USB 2 devices can push a USB 3 port to its limits...

I was wondering if this is driver related instead. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you!

I have the same problem, I own two of these damn things and its been downhill since I bought them. If there is a cure I would also love to know because as it stands I will never use Tascam again and I convince people to use/buy other products after my experiences with their audio interfaces. After a couple of minutes its distorted, delayed and glitching sound makes me want to destroy them... literally...
I'm using a MacBook Pro 2014 also running Sierra 10.12.6

New threads

Members online

No members online now.