Tascam US 1800 Driving Me Mad

Vin Ball

Gear owned
Tascam US-1800
Hello there,

Having outgrown the number of XLR inputs on my Focusrite 2i2, I decided to purchase the Tascam US 1800. I've never had any problems of any sort with my Focusrite 2i2 interface in either Pro Tools or FL Studio, my two main DAWs. However, the Tascam US 1800 is a very different story.

When using the Tascam 1800 with Pro Tools 10, I'm able to see the signal of the audio in the mixer, but often times I don't hear any sound. It's basically a crapshoot as to whether or not I'll hear anything, but more often than not, I don't hear a thing despite having the tracks record enabled and such. This becomes particularly concerning when I browse the internet and see the variety of issues between this interface and PT.

Furthermore, the Tascam often gives me a terrible latency, a latency well beyond 12-15ms. If someone can provide further information for me on how to get the Tascam and Pro Tools to play nicely, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm on the verge of sending it back because I can no longer stand the headaches and frustrations. I'm really looking for a fix so that won't be necessary.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.