TASCAM US 4x4 does not wake up (Mac OS)

Gear owned
TASCAm US 4x4
Hello,

I use the US 4x4 on Mac OS Captain with latest drivers (Firmware 1.01) from Tascam website.
The card has a problem with reconnections.

When the card (in drivers setup) has the Auto power save ON then when the computer goes sleep the card turns OFF but when the computer wakes up the card stays OFF and it is hard to convince it to wake up (the USB LED is off).
Plug in and out the USB does not help, The card is not visible by the computer and the LED is off. The only thing that helps is to unplug the power adapter and plug it back, sometimes once it's not enough.

When the card is in Auto power save OFF mode, when the computer goes sleep the card stays in standby mode and when the computer wakes up the card is occasionally recognised, but mostly not.
The connection is established only when I unplug the USB cable multiple times, sometimes not even that ,and I have to unplug the power adapter as in the previous case.

Any solution to that?

Curious as to why you wouldn't turn off the setting to allow your computer from going to sleep when working on an audio project?

The computer never goes sleep if I don't do it my self explicitly.
The computer goes sleep with me .) I switch it into the sleep mode when I go sleep (mostly). Otherwise the computer is on.
The next morning the card does not wake up.
It has nothing to do with any project or opened DAW.

Reactions: Norman
Ah.. I see... I thought you meant an opened project, but you mean even when you restart your DAW. Gotcha!

I have the same issue as 2046, the tascam does not wake up. Please any help???

I don't get how tascam has not fixed this already, I have written to them in fb and they say is a problem with my Mac.. lazy bastards. If I can't find a solution probably will return it

I just got the US 4x4 but using Windows 10 64, when I shutdown my computer for the first time, I noticed the interface didn't turned off and usb led was blinking, when I came back after while, the interface was off, no led blinking, I thought that was cool as I have other USB Audio Interface, Berhinger UMC204HD, and the led is always ON since the USB have power even when the PC is off. Then today, I start my computer but the US-4x4 didn't turn on, I thought there was a problem with the Power Supply, so I disconected the AC adapter to check, but it was Ok, 12 volts, then I connected it back to the interface, and the US 4x4 started, so that was the only way the interface turned on again. That doesn't sound good.

Hello, incredible to find out that after 3 years this problem still exists. I found this page via Google, facing the same problem. When I go to bed at night and leave the PC (Windows10) running, it shuts down my US-4x4. I read that the larger models have a Power Safe button, but for the 4x4 I do not have that option. Only thing that works (90% of the time) is disconnecting the powerplug from my Tascam.

Weird and very annoying, because I have build in my equipment in a sort of rack.

Hope that Tascam or you guys have found the answer to keep my Interface from not turning on again when starting up the computer.

@BramBo Your issue seems a little different, since your PC is left on. For this issue I would suggest going into Energy Save settings of Windows and see if you can find a setting to NOT power save on USB-devices. It exists, but I can't tell you where in W10 it is exactly..

Reactions: -mjk- and BramBo
@Arjan P well, the PC goes to sleep after 4 hours of inactivity, similar to the problem stated above for the Mac.
Within the Tascam setttings there is also a power safe on/off option.
The interface is now always on, thanks!

Reactions: Arjan P
Same problem here. Windows 10 and Tascam will not turn on automatically. Therefore I ask the op to change the title of the post from being only apple users, as this affects us all. Thanks.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.