TC Helicon C1 Pitch-correction Effects Pedal

wrhershey

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Has anyone tried to connect this device (or something similar) through the Sends output and route it back into the DP. Seems like it might be an inexpensive vocal processor. I understand it would be going digital > analog > and back to digital, but looks like it might be worth a try. Just don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Hi, wrhershey. I’m thinking of buying a TC Helicon C1 to correct some minor imperfections with my vocals. Do you find it better to record using the C1 straight away or record first and then use the C1 to bounce the corrected vocal to another track? Of course, it will depend on how ‘off’ the vocal tuning is. Thanks.

FYI, wrhershey hasn't been seen in two years.

Since you have a DP-03SD you may not beware of the Equipment Tips sticky thread of this 2488, DP-24/32/SD forum in which you've posted. There are posts in that sticky thread related to your question that may help inform you. Short answer: do what works best for your production workflow.

But since your Q is generic to any tracking situation, if you have any follow-up Qs you may want to post in the Recording 101 forum. You'll likely get exposure there to a broader group that may have experience with what you're looking to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Hi, wrhershey. I’m thinking of buying a TC Helicon C1 to correct some minor imperfections with my vocals. Do you find it better to record using the C1 straight away or record first and then use the C1 to bounce the corrected vocal to another track? Of course, it will depend on how ‘off’ the vocal tuning is. Thanks.

I would do it in post because you may have to make adjustments that apply only to certain sections. You can then do punch-ins and get the whole track just how you need it.

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online

No members online now.