SkywaveTDR

Soundaholic
From
Chicago area
Website
s609729863.onlinehome.us
Gear owned
Teac, Tascam, Sony
I know this is not a Tascam product but from the same parent company. In the event that you own a X7R or X7 and have had the 2.5 to 3 minute wind time, know that there are people that figure out ways the deck should have been designed in the first place and report it. These people are likely very experienced Technicians or BSEE types.
I cover both of those but regardless, the mod I have come up with requires a hook up to the 35 Vdc supply and a small proto board with a couple of transistors and a power resistor as well as two smaller R.
My idea is to provide the 26 Vdc to the reel motor supply isolated from the 14Vdc supply by a Diode. This results in a wind only speed change of 3 minutes to less than 1 minute. The motor is marked 24 Vdc so why not deliver some voltage in fast wind mode as is done in the X10R.
I suppose I can sell you a kit for this but it is so simple that anyone should be able to hook this in within a 40 minute period. I would have to provide detailed instructions or I could send you a schematic in Pdf format. The mod has been tested in a machine and it works well.

Reactions: bsigman
Brilliant, are there other Teac model mods you have come up with?

There are mods for some models not related to the reel drive that also are needed as the decks were designed or built wrong. The X2000R is one example. The older A type decks have AC motors in them that are decreasing is speed with no adjustment. I seem to be the only one having the modified pulleys made to get the speed up over 3000Hz. I am concerned that other people do not notice this and they are letting decks out the door in a terrible shape speed wise. Then I also discovered about 9 months ago that the use of a new oil from AMS called Signature synthetic oil does wonders for these old deck bearings. The oil has made a A2000R give a wow and flutter of .02% which has never been seen on a deck like that in all these years so I think I am on to something here. Even hear the statement like new? This oil reduces values in wow and flutter to better than new. Also I observed a wow and flutter measurement on a BR20 of .0135% and that is a belt drive unit with AMS oil in it. The Oil is available at Ace Hardware or Auto stores. I am using 10W30 but I don't think that matters in this application. It is what I had left over here.

New threads

Members online