shredd

Soundaholic
From
7 miles west of the Middle Of Nowhere
Website
www.soundclick.com
Gear owned
2488's, DP-32 & -008(ex)
Here's a link here to an old - I mean a REALLY old - recording I did, that I recently stumbled over, and put up on my SoundClick site.
The reason I'm bothering y'all with a post about it is because it popped up in one of my playlists recently...and I gave it the first good listen in probably 12-15 years.

It's notable that neither my instrumental or studio abilities were very well developed at that time...for example, I was so stewpyd back then that I was totally unaware of how using headphones when overdubbing would resolve the issue of latency (hence the time-alignment on the various tracks isn't particularly good)...

BUT: what I did marvel at is remembering that I did this entire recording in about a weekend, with the entire compliment of gear being: Roland Juno-60; an old Dean acous/elec; my beloved souped-up Ibanez; and a little ZOOM MRT-3b drum machine...not so much as a compressor, EQ, reverb unit, FX for the git'rs...nuthin'. Even the git'rs were recorded "direct" (didn't have an amp, let alone a mic to mic it with!).
And - this was the first recording I ever did on my very first TASCAM 2488 (the original one!).

I'm not able to remix/remaster/clean-up, fix-up the song, which it really needs (as I have with some others, see my SoundClick songlist) - the tracks for it have been lost to some computer meltdown or other for at least 10 years. I wish to gawd I had them...I've even reconsidered completely re-doing this song, current-day...
But I thought it was a nice throwback to when I was even stewpyd-er and even less experienced than I am now...so - for your amusement...

Without further ado: here it is. Be nice.

Last edited:
Nice dude! Enjoyed that little ditty. very creative.

New threads

Members online